Being a Safe Place For Your Partner

    

   



      Being a Pillar For Your Partner

      Hey there, in this blog I will cover the importance of supporting your partner when they are down! I will talk about how important it is for you to be able to take charge and support your partner when they are vulnerable! 

   Everyone has times when they feel vulnerable. Everyone has times when they feel down or hopeless! When we get this way (Like I know you have), we want to have a place where we feel like we can go and feel safe! It's hard acting tough all of the time! Everyone needs a safe place! Everyone needs someone they can turn to when things are hard! For many of us, this place is our romantic partner!

  We should be able to depend on our partners when we are weak! Our partners should also be able to depend on us! In a relationship supporting your partner, comforting them, and taking charge when your partner is vulnerable is important! We should all be able to do this for our lovers! Even if your partner is 6,905 miles (11114.13 Kilometers) away from you! I took the liberty of using the distance between me and my partner! I know some of you my be farther some of you reading this might be blessed enough to have your partner by your side! I know not all relationships are the same! However, when it comes to our partners and being able to step up when we need to, this is something I think all relationships need! Everyone in a relationship needs to feel like they can depend on their partner if no one else our significant other should be a place we can feel safe to let our guard down!!!

Listening

  Listening is important to being a pillar or safe place for our partner. We need to be able to listen to our partner's feelings and thoughts! Listen to what has your partner down listen to what is bothering them! Listen to how they feel! Listen to their thoughts! If we don't listen to our partners we can't comfort them! we can't help them feel better! Sometimes just having someone to listen is enough to help us! Sometimes knowing you have a shoulder to lean on helps! 

    Listening in my relationship is extremely important since we are long-distance, we can't hug each other! We can't lean our heads on each other's shoulders! However, my boyfriend always helps me when I feel down! he always listens and comforts me! He always takes my side! It makes me feel closer to him! Like lately I have been going through a rough patch and he has helped me a lot! He asked me what was wrong and listened when I told him! I won't go into detail about what my rough patch is but I know that at the end of a long day, he is always there for me! That for me is enough! remember listening also shows you have respect for how your partner is feeling and thinking!

Being Compassionate and Understanding

   Being compassionate and understanding of our partner's thoughts and feelings is important! You should want to be sympathetic towards your partner when they are weak! Remember showing compassion and understanding shows you care for your partner! Understanding your partner's feelings and thoughts shows you respect your partner and how they feel! This also makes them feel safe!

  Like I said you should always listen, respect, show compassion, and understanding when your partner needs you to be a pillar for them! This is also important for when you argue but I won't go there right now! You are supposed to be your partner's safe place! You are supposed to be a pillar when they are weak! You are supposed to be your partner's biggest supporter! Take there side! Let them know that even if it feels like the world is against them, you will always stand by them! Cheer your partner! Encourage your partner! This helps them as well! Don't ever make fun or joke about how your partner is feeling! You should never want to do that! 

   You should always be the place where your partner feels the safest! Your partner should be able to show that they are vulnerable in front of you! They should be able to cry in front of you! They shouldn't feel like they always need to be strong, even with you! With you should be the one place they feel like they can let down their guard! Step up and be strong for them when they need you to be! Yes, sometimes your partner needs space it is important to give it to them but also, let them know that when they need to talk you will be there ready to help them shoulder whatever burdens they have!



Please feel free to leave your comments I will try to get back to everyone! If you have a personal question you can ask me on my Instagram I will leave a link for you! Also if you have a topic you would like me to discuss please leave it in the comments! I am still new to this and am trying to get used to blogging so bear with me!! I hope that this is able to help someone!

Just a friendly reminder that I will block hate and if you leave hate on my Instagram I will block you!!! Please be respectful!!


Here is my Instagram link: Clara Zee (@c.zee17) • Instagram photos and videos

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of our Long-distance Journey!!!

Some Challenges to Being in a Long-distance Relationship!