Some Challenges to Being in a Long-distance Relationship!


Planet (桃之夭夭)

        


    Some Challenges to Being in a Long-Distance Relationship!...

      

    Hello! I am writing my second blog post! In this post, I will cover some of the Challenges I have experienced so far!

  The distance

 Obviously, distance is a big challenge! Not being able to be next to your partner when they are hurting or are sick is a terrible feeling! I know personally that it feels like you can't do anything! You kind of just feel useless overall! It also sucks because you just want to touch your partner you want to feel them touch you like other lovers can! You want to be able to hug them or kiss them whenever you want! It sucks that we can't do that! However, just because you are far away from your partner doesn't mean you have to feel the distance! I mean it is obviously there but you don't have to let it affect you or come in the way of your relationship! If you see your partner tired and stressed tell them to take a break! You could even suggest taking a nap together over the phone! Tell them you worry about them! Being honest with your partner about your feelings is very important! I will cover this subject in a different post. 

  Some more ideas to help you guys feel closer are to make date plans where you guys sit and watch a movie together or just simply watch some videos together! Me and my boyfriend do this! You could both cook together and then enjoy a meal over a video call! I can't cook so this one doesn't work for me! Lol! You could set couple profile pictures on your socials and update your status to in a relationship with (whoever your partner is)! I have done this with my boyfriend! Another thing I do that anyone in a long-distance relationship should do is updating your partner about your day and let them know when something important happens! Your partner will want to hear these things!

Time difference

 Another challenge I face is time difference! My boyfriend and I are 12 hours apart!!! So basically if it is 11:00 Am where I am it is 11:00 Pm there!! Though I am a creature of the night so I sit up late and most of the time I am talking to him! Something else I should mention is regardless of time difference and distance is you should press yourself on your partner all of the time! Just like you they have a life! They have school or work! They also have friends that they like hanging out and spending time with! Yes, I know you want to see each other as much as you can but even couples that are together in person don't see each other all of the time! You shouldn't let your relationship come in the way of the things you both need to get done! 

Getting Jealous

  Jealousy is another thing! I apparently am a very jealous person! Didn't know this until I met my boyfriend! I got jealous over so many things and most of them were pretty petty! For example, someone asked him for help with making an account on some app I got very jealous just seeing that person in his friends list! I told him about it and he showed me the full history of their conversation! This was after another I had gotten jealous over something else! He quickly fixed it after I told him I didn't like it! Like I said being honest about your feelings with your partner is important! It can make you feel more secure! 

 My boyfriend also got jealous of my best friend! My best friend was a guy but I no longer talk to him! Long story short My best friend knew I had a boyfriend posted a confession post and then told me to pick between him and my boyfriend! I can't make myself have feelings for someone! So I obviously picked my boyfriend and I don't regret it! He also got jealous of a photo of me with an old friend I had met on the site but hadn't heard from in a while! I had to explain to him that, it was photoshopped and I never even liked that friend! 

Fighting in a Long-distance Relationship

 Fighting with your partner is another challenge in long-distance relationships you literally can't just kiss and make up! You actually need to sit and talk things out! When me and my boyfriend fight we make up over a video call so we can both see we are sincere and get a better understanding of the other's feelings! Talking things out and expressing your thoughts, opinions, and feelings on a subject is very important! 

  Don't keep things bottled up inside you! Express them, and let your partner know these things! Communication is important in a relationship especially if you can't physically be there to comfort and reassure your partner! Make sure you communicate clearly! If you don't it could lead to more misunderstandings and then it will be harder to make up! So just express yourself clearly and allow your partner to do the same! You also need to listen to them! Understanding their feelings is just as important as having them understand yours!


                                                  Written By, Clara. Zee


Okay, I will leave another link to my Instagram here!  Also, feel free to comment if you have any questions I am almost positive I have figured it out! I wish all of you Good luck! I hope my blogs are useful!😊

Just a friendly reminder if you comment hate I will ignore you! If you reach out to me on Instagram to express hate I will block you! Only reach me on Instagram if it is really important or if you have a specific topic you need me to cover or a personal question you would like to ask!

Here is the link to my Instagram!!!

Clara Zee (@c.zee17) • Instagram photos and videos



<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-1967726721525234"

     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of our Long-distance Journey!!!

Being a Safe Place For Your Partner