Being Honest With Your Long-Distance Partner

 Being Honest With Your Long-Distance Partner!...


     Honesty is important in all relationships! If you aren't honest with your partner it is going to lead to misunderstandings and miscommunication! Trust someone whose boyfriend is Chinese! My boyfriend has misunderstood me before not because I wasn't being honest but because he isn't completely fluent in English which is why I believe being honest is super important! Because when your partner's native language isn't English and you can't really speak their native tongue, misunderstandings do happen! That is why you should always be open and honest with your partner about everything! Let them in on your life! Tell them honestly who you are don't sugarcoat things about yourself to make yourself seem better because that is when dishonesty becomes catfishing! Because you aren't giving them the real you! Just a manipulated version of you that isn't really who you are! 

Dishonesty

    I shouldn't really have to explain this but dishonesty can lead to catfishing! If you are dishonest about yourself and aren't showing every side of yourself to your online partner you are catfishing them! You aren't giving them the real you so they aren't getting to know you just a version of yourself that you want them to see! That is catfishing! Catfishing isn't just being dishonest about your looks but also your personality! Also, don't send only filtered pictures of yourself that is also catfishing because you aren't showing your flaws! My boyfriend has seen my I.D! So, be as honest about yourself and your looks as possible!

   Don't hide the real you! Let them see it! My boyfriend hears me scream at my little brothers and knows every little conflict I have with my family! I share those things with him because it can help him feel closer to me! He does the same for me! Being completely honest can help your partner feel just that much closer to you! 

 Your partner will love you for who you are! If they don't then they aren't the one for you! So why try and pretend to be someone you aren't? The right one for you will love you no matter what!!!

Being Honest About Your Feelings

   Hiding your emotions is something that is super easy to do over long-distance! You can always hide behind a fake optimistic message! This isn't healthy for you or your relationships! Both you and your partner won't benefit if you hide your true emotions from each other! If your partner is doing something or asking something of you that makes you feel uncomfortable or insecure tell them about it!! They will understand if they truly love you!

     First of all, if your partner is doing something you don't like they won't know to change it if you don't tell them about it! For example, if you notice a habit that bothers you like, they smoke too often and you have asthma and can't be around smoke, your partner won't know about this and won't be able to change it if you don't let them know about it! Your partner won't know that smoking makes you uncomfortable if you don't tell them about it! They won't know that you have asthma and can't be around it if you don't talk to them about it! Your partner will understand and if they care about you they will try to change for you! Especially if you guys have plans to meet up and be together in the future, they should be willing to change if something they are doing could hurt your health! 

    Now if your partner is asking you to do something you feel uncomfortable doing, you definitely need to tell them! don't just agree to do it out of fear they will leave you! If they leave you for not agreeing to do what they want especially if that thing made you uncomfortable then they didn't respect you to begin with and you can do better than that!!! Your partner if they truly care for you will understand and won't push you to do something you aren't ready to do!!! Inform them about what makes you comfortable and uncomfortable! Drawing boundaries in relationships is okay!!! It is healthy even to draw some boundaries!! So be honest with them and let them know what you are okay with and what you aren't okay with!

Sharing Things About Yourself 

   No matter how little or small the detail is about yourself share it with your partner! Doing this can make them feel closer to you! Trust me your partner wants to know every little thing about you. I know my boyfriend does. My boyfriend remembered all of my preferences by heart! So tell your partner everything about yourself no matter how big or small you may think it is your partner will think it's important! If they truly care for you they will want to know!!! 

  Tell them your favorite foods and your least favorites! Tell them about your diet! Let them know about your sleeping habits (My boyfriend pays close attention to this, I tend to sit up really late)! Fill them in about your day! Let them know your dreams and what your aspirations are!!! Your partner is supposed to be a pillar for you a beacon! They will want to be your greatest supporter!!! 



                                                       Written by, Clara. Zee


                 Blog Information

I thought I should inform you guys that after I post every day for a week (Except for Sunday! I will not ever post on a Sunday!!!) I will start posting 2 or three times a week! I am a busy person! I am taking a course in pharmacy tech and studying so that after I earn enough money I can go to university in China so that I can finally be with my boyfriend!!!! 

Another reminder is that I am new to blogging so bear with me!!! I will hopefully over time get better at this!!! I hope that what am doing will be somewhat helpful to someone!!! If you read my blogs and have any questions you can comment them under my blog or click the provided link to my Instagram! I will try my very best to answer everyone! Please only use my Instagram if it is important or a personal question that you don't feel comfortable leaving in the comments for everyone to read!!! I hope you guys will continue to follow me!!! Ah, I will ignore hate and block people on my Instagram for hate!!! 

 

Here is the link to my Instagram: Clara Zee (@c.zee17) • Instagram photos and videos








Comments

  1. I stumbled upon your blog, and thank you so much for this very honest and helpful sharing. Although I am married and our relationship is not going well mainly because of me. You really make me think of my wife a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting!!! I am sorry to hear that your relationship isn't going well! I don't know your issue but I do know that sitting down and trying to let each other openly express your feelings and thoughts about what is going on might help! Try sitting down and talking to your wife! Make sure you listen so you will know how to fix things! I hope my advice works for you! Do I really remind you of her! I will take that as a compliment thank you so much!!! I hope you can make things better with your wife!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of our Long-distance Journey!!!

Some Challenges to Being in a Long-distance Relationship!

Being a Safe Place For Your Partner